Loving Cows sells 100% natural Desi A2 cow Ghee, Chaas, Dahi (curd) and Lassi for which they take care of a genuine, farm-fed, highest milk-yielding breed of ‘Gir’ cows on their own farm. These cows give pure milk that contains the beta-casein A2 protein.
In an overcrowded market, the challenge was to :
- Emerge as a premium yet Indian looking brand.
- Set out a differentiating factor among its competitors
- Design structuring with a range of products under loving cows
Developing a new brand with activities like:
- Raising brand awareness with comprehensive branding activities- Strong brand name, research & packaging design.
- Creating an E-commerce website for sales & revenue
Strong Brand Name: The brand name- Loving cows highly represents the mission & caring nature of the brand in taking care of the cows by feeding them only organic food as well as letting them roam freely in the natural environment as opposed to keeping them tied up.
Creation of unique wordmark logo: Development of a custom type-face that embodies the brand perfectly. This was done, by sketching designs by hand to ultimately come up with interesting letterforms by our expert designers.
Sizing & Monochrome Effect: While creating the logo, we assured it looked perfect both in smaller as well as bigger sizes to be used in various media & marketing collaterals.
Also, in monochrome effect (such as black & white or in any 1 colour)
Shape: The shape of the logo was decided as oval-shaped such that it represented Desi cows, making it easy-to-understand & reflect milk products.
Color Choice & Psychology: The use of colors in the logo were all from a strategic point of view wherein the word-loving in the name gives off the feeling of happiness, enthusiasm, hope & fun, and the while in the word “Cow” implies purity, the color of milk, goodness & most importantly the fresh nature of the brand.
We ensured the loving cows packaging told the story of the brand and gave customers an engaging and sensual experience through sight as well as touch. Here is how we did it:
Aesthetic Appeal: Since the brand used a bilona process for making their products, the packaging was created keeping in mind that it reflected the unique combination of- innate feeling of the traditional method, portrayed authenticity as well as had a premium look & feel to it.
Material: A glass bottle with a sticker, not completely covering it was selected such that the customer could visually identify the texture as well as the look of the product inside.
The cap was a lug one covered with a handmade paper tied to a thread, such that customers felt a connection with the authentic nature of the brand.
Colour Selection: An earthy tone of colors such as brown, yellow and hints of green were chosen to showcase the organic appeal of the brand along with indicating a premium look.
Eco-Friendly Packaging: The packaging material was completely paper, that is no plastic was used. The paper was also entirely handmade, with no machine use symbolizing how serious the brand takes its natural significance.
Visual Design: We highlighted the client’s main USP the bilona process of ghee making with the use of vibrant colors and simple illustration style which would grab the attention of the consumer and prove to be a differentiating factor in terms of the competitors products on both online and offline platforms.
Pricing: A significant factor when it comes to packaging design is the price in terms of material, durability, printing method as well as colors used. We made sure packaging cost did not hamper the product price by ensuring that since only one product’s pricing bracket was high i.e the ghee, we chose 4 colors, glass bottle, lug cap as well as handmade paper. In other products such as chaas and dahi, only 2 color printing methods were used, with a plastic material used for the dahi product, thereby making packaging reasonable for the client.
While creating the E-commerce website, the following things were taken into account:
- Well defined Information – With content best practices, we made sure the information given on the website gave the customer a clear idea of the brand & its products.
- Architecture for better conversion- Better user experience on the e-commerce website, in order to reduce clicks & help the customer make a quick buying decision with readily visible info on the same products page. From product name, price as well as directly add to cart option.
- Pastel color scheme- This color scheme was used for the sole reason to give the products a vibrant effect and make them stand out.
- Bespoke image forms to add personalisation- Shoppers don’t only want products, but better experiences, we made sure we designed images that had a positive impact on customers buying decisions as well as their connection with the brand.
- Instamojo & PayuMoney Payment gateway integration
- Freshsales CRM integration.
Have a glimpse of our other projects and how we went about them by providing the client pragmatic and practical solutions that reaped successful results.