Deciphering Apple X ad brilliance
Going beyond “selling kidney” jokes for an iPhone, here is a food for thought for deciphering Apple X ad brilliance!
Few pointers with the Apple X ad transcript below:
- The very first word “YOU”.
- The story building… YOU and my best friend and we got something to do… “Togetherness experience enhancement”.
- The copy from 0.59 to 1.03
- YOU have never seen anything like it and it’s never seen anything like YOU.
- Count how many times “YOU/YOUR” have been used in the entire ad.
- All common kinds of faces are used for belongingness to everybody.
- The brilliant mixture of emotions around YOU and tech specs.
- Another nice peace from 0:32 . to 1:26 to spot perfect TG (Targeted Audience)
- Do you wanna meet me on the floor/lounge /club … yeah…
All Gut feel stimulus tackled smartly
It seems like Apple has continued the tradition of pitching it to YOUR “gut feel” brain once more!
- Self-centered… You You You!
- Tangibility… Usage of product features in reality
- Visual… Combination of face moves and emoji moves.
- Emotional… “You” and “my best friend” and “we”
The Apple ad Transcript:
Voice: You and my best friend and we got something to do…
Text: What Home button?
Text: More durable glass ever in a smartphone.
Text: Wireless charging
Text: A11 Bionic, The most powerful and smartest chip ever in a smartphone.
Text: It can recognize your face out of a million other faces.faces.faces.faces… with your face
Text: Your face is your password.
Text: Unlock with your look.
Text: Pay with your face.
Text: Emoji… Animoji yourself.
Voice: Do you wanna meet me on the floor? yeah… Do you wanna meet me at the lounge? yeah… Do you wanna meet me in the club? yeah… Do you wanna meet me downtown? Okay…
Text: Radically new cameras
Text: … and introducing portrait lighting
Text: Oh and this… Augmented reality. Now a reality.Going beyond “selling kidney” jokes for an iPhone, there is something brilliant in the Apple X ad…